The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Everyone! Im 34yrs. Old and been a Diabetic for 16 years. I found to control my Diabetes through a healthier lifestyle by fitness and nutrition. I am a Type 1 Diabetic soon to open a Nutrition store in Toronto which will have a dedicated area to Diabetic Health.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hi, Everyone! Im 34yrs. Old and been a Diabetic for 16 years. I found to control my Diabetes through a healthier lifestyle by fitness and nutrition. I am a Type 1 Diabetic soon to open a Nutrition store in Toronto which will have a dedicated area to Diabetic Health.
Welcome aboard, Shouvano. Good luck & much success with your new venture! Make yourself at home here & visit often. We'd like to hear more detail about how you manage your diabetes - lifestyle, fitness & nutrition surely aren't your only tools, are they?

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Shouvano, welcome! You and your store should be very helpful to many diabetics. A great idea!

I was diagnosed in 1945, when I was 6, and have good health. We can live long, healthy lives if we have good control.

Richard

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I love the idea that you will have a dedicated section to your shop! That is wonderful!

My nephew will be graduating from OSU with a bachelor's (or master's) in nutrition. He already has an associates degree in culinary art (yes, he is a chef). We were talking on Thanksgiving and his last internship was with Nestle's in product development. I told him that he should really work on developing foods that are healthy for diabetics with the LC/HF and natural foods. I told him there is a real need for this since diabetics will stay severely diabetic if they follow the ADA guidelines. I could see the bulbs going off in his eyes! I hope he takes my advice and makes this a priority.

Reactions: Patdart
1 - 9 of 9 Posts