The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Martin, 25 years old, just diagnosed with type 1 two weeks ago.
So now I try to figure out how my new life is gonna work...
Hopefully I can find some helpful information on here.

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Welcome to this great forum, Martin - it has been invaluable to me as I transition(ed) to a new way of being. I'm type 2 so our issues are different, but the commonality is making change and taking care of our health. The learning curve can be steep, but in time it levels out and is all very manageable.

The diagnosis can be a shock, but this forum can help us dust ourselves off and get on with it :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
It is a challenge, but you can find a great deal of useful information from those who have 'been there, done that' by exploring this forum. Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hi Martin, welcome aboard! There is a lot of useful information on this website. There are also several type 1 diabetics here, so ask all the questions you want. I have been type 1 for 65 years, and I am very healthy. If we take good care of ourselves, we can have long, healthy lives.

I was born in Roanoke, VA and also lived two years in Richmond, before moving to NY.

Richard

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the nice welcome!
I already bookmarked that site, gotta check it out overt the weekend.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Welcome, Fuxl. This is such a friendly, helpful site. I hope you'll ask anything you need, and someone here will answer. I'm type 2, but there are some really knowing folks here that will answer.

P.S. Your life will go on as normal or even better once you work out the food plan and insulin answers.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome

Hi, I'm Martin, 25 years old, just diagnosed with type 1 two weeks ago.
So now I try to figure out how my new life is gonna work...
Hopefully I can find some helpful information on here.
Hi Martin,

You've come to the right place and there are many members here able to help with ideas and even some answers. Looking forward to reading your posts:D.

Gene

1 - 8 of 8 Posts