The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Brad and I currently live in Washington DC. Diabetes has run in my family for as long as I can remember. Seven out my Dad's 8 brother have diabetes (he's a diabetic too). I look forward to poking around this forum and hearing your stories.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hi Brad, welcome aboard! That is a lot of diabetes for your father's family! Are they all type 1 like you? How is your type 1 now? I hope you are doing well.

I was diagnosed in 1945, when I was 6, and am very healthy. With good control we can have long, healthy lives.

Richard

·
Registered
87 Posts
Good that you're here

Hello my name is Brad and I currently live in Washington DC. Diabetes has run in my family for as long as I can remember. Seven out my Dad's 8 brother have diabetes (he's a diabetic too). I look forward to poking around this forum and hearing your stories.
Hi Brad,

Good to have you here. Lots of good information on the site and maybe you will be able to be a help to your family members.

Gene

·
Registered
741 Posts
hi and welcome brad *waves from Perth Australia*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.