The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a 42 yr old guy with type I for 32 years. On pump. Had heart attack 6 yrs ago. I have 8 stents in my heart. I take about 25+ pills a day. Also severe depression and cronic pain. Also my 9 yr old daughter has had type I for 3 years. Some days life really sucks. Thanks for listening. Robert.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hey Robert glad you are here. I can relate to your heart troubles as I have as many blocked arteries in my heart as I do open ones. Have got a lot of colateral bypass going on in there too. Doctors would not put in any stents though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why no stents? I've had 8 heart caths. My heart attack was "a wido's maker". It stopped and was restarted then a flying trip to the cath lab.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I am a 42 yr old guy with type I for 32 years. On pump. Had heart attack 6 yrs ago. I have 8 stents in my heart. I take about 25+ pills a day. Also severe depression and cronic pain. Also my 9 yr old daughter has had type I for 3 years. Some days life really sucks. Thanks for listening. Robert.
That's what we're here for, Robert . . . thanks for joining us & do come back often. We all need a place & trusted confidants so we can let our hair down . . . you have heavy burdens & I hope you'll make yourself at home here. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
633 Posts
They said I didn't meet the criteria and when they are 100% blocked and new vesales vave grow aroubd the blockage they said no need. Never felt any heart attacks if I have had them.

·
Super Moderator
6,161 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Robert. Life can bite, that's sure - but this is a great little corner to give and get info and support.

Glad you joined us.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Adjiter, my entire right side was 100% blocked. I woke up at 7am 5.5 yrs ago and didn't feel right. Within ten minutes I couldn't breath, arm pain, and crushing chest pain. My wife said i was ghostly gray. I waited for my wife and daughter to get dressed and then we all went to the ER. Yes, I drove. I stopped breathing at the hospital. All of my cardiac tests came back screaming heart attack. Then it was a sign from tv nurses and doctors on the cart, running done the hall. I ask for my wife and priest but they said no time. I was in cath over six hours with two teams working on me. Not bad for a 36 yr old. I hate the big D. Everyone please take care of ur selves. Thanks for reading. Robert.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts