The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hi John....Welcome!

Yes, Neurontin has been mentioned on here for Neuropathy. I don't have any foot problems due to Diabetes but I was considering purchasing a pair or two of Diabetic socks at some point. I'm not sure what benefits they offer but many Diabetics do seem to wear them.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Taken from your site:

"There are currently no treatments to help reverse diabetic neuropathy. There are no treatments which help reduce the numbness. But, there are many treatments to help decrease the pain associated with the neuropathy".

I'm not sure what is meant by "treatments". If I had Neuropathy(and I did at one point), I would do my Best to get my sugars under control. That is the Best "treatment". Drugs just cover the pain in these cases and I would think that a Person would have to keep increasing the dose or try a stronger/different drug since they may become resistant to the drug.

If the Neuropathy is past the reversal stage(no one can say exactly when that is since People are Amazingly different and often resilient)then certainly there is no choice but to use these types of drugs.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I had neuropathy before my control improved and I started pumping insulin. With the tremendous improvement in my A1c's and my control my neuropathy has disappeared. Maybe it has not been cured but I am confident that it is gone unless I have poor control again at some time in my future.

Richard

·
Registered
35 Posts
from europe i wich you also welcome.

i have neuropathie in mij stomach, now i eat six times a day little bit.
every 2 hour one peach of bread, most problem i have is with diner.
and i can not eat enymore is chips and sutch things.

gr ria

1 - 6 of 6 Posts