The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has one of days that they are tired of pricking the fingers testing see if FBS are normal range or to high to low and then taking the meds for your sugar, measuring your insulin, watching what you eat day in day out then making sure you have everything with you to test because you well be gone for the day. some times I just wish I didnt have to do all that. but i do because i have to treat it and stay healthy for my self and my girls, hubby, grandkids.

G

·
yeah I know the feeling :D It's the down side of having this condition... or the control aspect of it... I don't like it either. But we have to do what we have to do.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Do you have a kit with all your gear in one place, that you can just grab & go? I have less of a problem since I don't use insulin, but for my young niece who's type 1, we've always had just a small bag with everything in it & it goes wherever she goes - off to school every day, out to eat, over to Nana's house - everywhere. Plus everyone in the extended family knows what "Lili's kit" looks like & how important it is!

·
Registered
741 Posts
mamoo....I think we all know what you mean....I have a disabled son who on top of his disabilities has diabetes too...there are days I just want to scream...my daughter summed it up so well one day when her brother (autistic) wanted his honey SQUIGGLY on his sandwich...she was so frustrated and said

"can you just NOT be autistic for 30 minutes"

We all laughed...life can be damn frustrating that's for sure...and I think when you have to inject there is this ummm I don't know how to explain it...it's like you have to cause yourself some pain to deal with this disease...it seems so unfair

And I think it's ok to have a rant to people who understand...lol and sometimes to those who don't

1 - 4 of 4 Posts