The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm new around here. I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in June 2009. I was out on disability for about 5 months following major surgery in my neck in Feb 2009. Went for a check-up before going back to the gym when I came off disability in June, that's when they told me I had Diabetes. They tried me on several meds, all of which tore my stomach to shreds. I'm on Lantus now, ironic since I can't stand any needles except Tattoo needles...LOL Having trouble getting my numbers to settle down and stable, energy is also a big issue. Is this normal? will it all smooth out at some point? Don't really like the rollercoaster. I'm hoping that talking with others going through the same thing may help and advice is always greatfully accepted.

Phil

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hello,

I'm new around here. I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in June 2009. I was out on disability for about 5 months following major surgery in my neck in Feb 2009. Went for a check-up before going back to the gym when I came off disability in June, that's when they told me I had Diabetes. They tried me on several meds, all of which tore my stomach to shreds. I'm on Lantus now, ironic since I can't stand any needles except Tattoo needles...LOL Having trouble getting my numbers to settle down and stable, energy is also a big issue. Is this normal? will it all smooth out at some point? Don't really like the rollercoaster. I'm hoping that talking with others going through the same thing may help and advice is always greatfully accepted.

Phil
Welcome Phil! We are pleased to have you as a new member. There are alot of members that are really educated on here and you will get much hands on information. I too had trouble with a few medications and their gastro effects. I took Glipizde XL for 5 years before I needed to go on insulin. I am back on Glipizide XL 5 MG in addition to 30 MG of Actos and Lantus and Novolog. Are you getting enough carbs in every day? If not, try to add some extra carbs for energy. How much Lantus are you on? What is your FBS? If you are not on the right dose of Lantus then you may not have smooth control. You may need a dose of rapid acting insulin to take before meals and to correct high BS.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome, Phil. Lots of knowledge & experience with diabetes on this forum, so ask all the questions you want. Sounds like you've been through the wringer - hope we can help you get the rollercoaster slowed down a little!

take care & hurry back,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My FBS used to be anywhere from 90-110, in January they tried to put me on Lipitor for Cholesterol and in one week I was in so much pain I could bearely stand, I stopped the Lipitor but ever since then my BS has been all over the place, I'm currently taking 18 unit of Lantus and my BS is anywhere from 141 to 300. Funny thing is before the Lipitor I only needed 10 Units of Lantus and my BS was low and stable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts