The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello
I am type 1 for 33 years now.. have had my problems.. but been good for the past 15 years.. i am under control now and eat what ever i want.. cover with novolog, carb counting.. A1c at 6.9..
Hope to meet some great diabetics here!!
THANKS!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello, welcome to our support group! You are a 33 year veteran and apparently doing well. That's great! If you can keep working and get the A1c below 6.0 then you will be at a nondiabetic level. I have managed to do that for several years now. The complications I had before have disappeared. I have been Type 1 for 62 years and I am very healthy. Good luck to you!

Richard

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hello There: :)

Thirty-three years is certainly a long time to have Diabetes. And so far it doesn't go away. Polito said, 5 or 10 years we'll have a cure. Write that down. ;) It would be strange but Nice.

It's particularly sad when a Child gets it. You got it close to the age when I got it. Of course, it's not Fun for an Adult either who is used to eating anything that they want.

I'm sorry to hear about your eye. That's Good to hear that you are under better control. It does take a lot of work. Welcome!!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hello Marcy: :)

Nice to meet you. Congrats on your almost 24 years with Diabetes. I hope that you are doing Well. We Welcome your experiences and information that you've found to help you in your Diabetes care and treatment. If you have any questions we will try to answer them for you. Thank you for your comments.

You're so Lucky to have a Miniature Horse Farm. :) They are such cute/proud animals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts