The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I just found this site today. I have been a type 2 diabetic for about 13 years. I currently take Glipizide 5mg twice daily, and Actos 45mg once daily. I also tend to stick to a very low to no carb diet. Anyway just thought I would give a quick intro. Looking forward to chatting with you folks and getting to know you all better. :)

PieRat

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome aboard, PieRat! Looking forward to getting better acquainted & hearing a few tricks of the (diabetes - not road-building :D) trade you've learned over the years. Make yourself at home - and thank you for joining us!

:welcome:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome aboard, PieRat! Looking forward to getting better acquainted & hearing a few tricks of the (diabetes - not road-building :D) trade you've learned over the years. Make yourself at home - and thank you for joining us!

:welcome:

Oh yeah you do not want to know about road design...unless you are having trouble falling asleep, then it would be of interest!:p

Hmmm...I do not seem to have a "signature" option in my user CP. Do you know if the admins have disabled them? I assume they are text only here. Now to look for an avatar pic.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Oh yeah you do not want to know about road design...unless you are having trouble falling asleep, then it would be of interest!:p

Hmmm...I do not seem to have a "signature" option in my user CP. Do you know if the admins have disabled them? I assume they are text only here. Now to look for an avatar pic.

Hi and welcome Pierat! :D

Hey, Road Design does sound pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Hello everyone,

I just found this site today. I have been a type 2 diabetic for about 13 years. I currently take Glipizide 5mg twice daily, and Actos 45mg once daily. I also tend to stick to a very low to no carb diet. Anyway just thought I would give a quick intro. Looking forward to chatting with you folks and getting to know you all better. :)

PieRat
Nice to meet you Pierat! Glad you found our forum. I am also type 2 since I was 16. I used oral meds for years until my poor beta cells finally bit the dust :D Now I use insulin and metformin. Looking forward to getting to know. Its always good to have others around to get advice from!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Get a couple more posts under your belt, PieRat . . . then you'll get the signature option and several others as well. Just takes a minimum of five posts to get over the hump.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi and welcome Pierat! :D

Hey, Road Design does sound pretty cool.
It has its moments lol

Nice to meet you Pierat! Glad you found our forum. I am also type 2 since I was 16. I used oral meds for years until my poor beta cells finally bit the dust :D Now I use insulin and metformin. Looking forward to getting to know. Its always good to have others around to get advice from!
I agree! I hope to learn a lot more about diabetes management here.

Get a couple more posts under your belt, PieRat . . . then you'll get the signature option and several others as well. Just takes a minimum of five posts to get over the hump.
Oh okay. I guess I could have just made 3 seperate replies, and got there quickly lol, but I do not want to be a spammer. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts