The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,i was diagnosed with type 1,had a strange adventure in hospital[nearly signed myself out].It is 4 months now since i was in hospital and i have refused to take any insulin[apidra/levemir],and i manage to keep my reading between 5 and 7.5 with the help of my new best freind,my truetrack strip meter.During the last 4 month i have compiled a list of stuff i can/cannot eat,and i am frequently made angry by eating stuff that is supposed to be ok for me,then discover that it is bad for me.I love my meter.I hope to be able to calm down about the whole subject now i have composed a diet that i shall have to live with for the rest of my life.Strangly,it is a diet i should have been living on in the first place.My motto is,if it has been messed with by proffiteers,dont eat/drink it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
normal result

thanks terrie,for expressing care about strangers[very rare nowadays].I visited my doc about 3 weeks ago,had the hn1 wotsit[the 3 month average test]and it came back as normal,the doc ordered me to have another one a week later,this came back normal also,and the doc gave me a bit of paper for my auto insurance,so i am mobile again.The doc asked me if i had been taking insulin on the sly,no chance i told him.It seems i have become an oddity at his practice.He tried to have a go at getting me to take insulin tablets,i said if my reading is normal why do i need anything.He then went on to tell me that i ought to take some aspirin .I am now trying to find something natural that i can add to my diet that contains salicylic acid,so`s to thin my blood down abit.Willow bark seems to keep cropping up.
I looked up a bit of stuff in library/internet,about immune system being provoked,and came across stuff about plaque formation in the arteries,it seems eating the wrong fats causes the bodys immune system to attack itself and form plaque.Seeing as my immune system is supposed to be attacking my pancreas,i`m putting this whole thing down to bad ingredients being snook into my food.
Just a thought about non diabetics being able to eat anything,i wonder how long they will remain non diabetics before they too will have to start cutting various things from their diet.
It was on the news in europe a short while back,that the american fda had just passed meat from cloned animals as fit for human consumption,what a place this world has become!
My next bit of tech to buy has to be a radiation counter,so`s when i go to buy seafood[doesn`t affect my number],i can check wether the prawns have been feeding in an area where nuclear waste is/has been dumped.I think i will use the earpiece supplied so`s not to alarm other shoppers,it also bugs me that i have to peel all my fruit/veg because of the toxic to life stuff that has been sprayed on it.With increased vigilance i will remain healthy hopefully.
Thanks again for expressing concern for me.
Oh yea,lol,i just remembered,there was a fella on the telly that had diabetes,he admitted to eating mostly fast food,he was in the vetinary surgery with his dog,his dog was also fed on the same fast food,,,the dog was being treated for diabetes.
bye for now

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.