The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to friends and others who share my affliction.

I am Type 2 diagnosed for certain about 3 years ago, and finally coming to grips with the reality of my disease. It's taken me a long time to admit to myself that I needed to take control of my life because having diabetes means big changes in lifestyle.

I live in Woodstock ON during the summer months, and Playa del Carmen Mexico during the winter months. Living on the Caribbean Sea for 6 months every year does not make it easier to deal with diabetes, but I am learning self control and the importance of monitoring my BG frequently.

I hope to learn from the experiences of others here, and perhaps to share some of my own perspectives as I become more knowledgeable about diabetes.

My most recent A1C% was 6.9% last week. I am presently B12 deficient and on B12 vitamins and Metformin 500x2 twice a day and take 81mg asa once a day.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Good to see you're ready to take the reins & control this beast. Welcome to DF and good luck to you! Thanks for joining us! :D

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
It's taken me a long time to admit to myself that I needed to take control of my life because having diabetes means big changes in lifestyle.
Hi, cbrittan. Yes, diabetes means changes in lifestyle, but it's change for the better. I strongly believe eating low carb/high fat is the most healthy way to eat, and not only for diabetics, but for everyone.

I have always been a spaghettiaholic, and after a couple of months of eating low carb, I decided to cheat and eat a big bowl of spaghetti. You know, it didn't even taste good to me. I took 2 bites and threw the rest out. I have heard others say that after eating low carb for a while, the high carb foods no longer taste good to them, either.

Glad to see your bg is headed in the right direction. Welcome aboard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts