The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Diagnosed Type 2 in late 2010, male 54, 235lbs (yes I know) ready to put it all out there to get well and manage this thing after several months of denial, ignoring things whilst feeling mainly okay.

Doing a week of self monitoing blood sugar before making docs appt and getting into a proper structure of professional care. Mrs Speedbird willing to make the changes needed.

Hope to get to know some of you on my journey....

I intend posting regular updates...

Best,

Speedbird217

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Welcome, Speedbird. Glad to have you aboard. It can be done, honestly. I did it myself and am so pleased with my journey! Things are good now. I just have to really watch myself and not get too pleased!

We'll help anyway we can. Do check out Blood Sugar 101 while you're poking around. Ask any question you want. Our archives are good, too.

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Hey Speedbird - welcome to the forum. It's great that your wife is supportive coming out of the gate, that makes all the difference.

male 54, 235lbs (yes I know)
Heh - well, you're certainly the only person here who is in the 200's :) - talk about being 'mongst friends! The great thing about getting diabetes (no, really) is that it makes us change our diet and weight loss is a typical side effect when we follow a healthy-for-us new way of eating.

I'm out of the 200's now due to having lost a fair amt of weight this year, still have plenty to lose, and I can thank diabetes for that!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gizmo - you carry on....on occassions I even go as far as calling SWMBO - "the current Mrs Speedbird"

Thanks for the welcomes...feel encouraged already.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts