The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a diabetic for for over 20 years. I was initially misdiagnosed with Type 2 originally, but have more recently been correctly diagnosed with Type 1 and have gone from an A1c that had been as high as 12 to a steady 6.0 for a year now. Amazing what advances have been made in the research on Diabetes and what a proper diagnoses can do to help :)

I look forward to seeing what I can learn and what I can share based on my experiences as a diabetic.

I have already posted a question in the Free Style Libre 3 discussion.

Happy Holidays!

Shannon

· Administrator
2,737 Posts
Welcome to our community, Shannon! It looks like you're doing very well managing your blood glucose. I'm looking forward to seeing many more posts from you in our various forums.

I hope our other FreeStyle Libre users will greet you here and check out your question in the other thread. We do have a few Libre users (and fans!) here and I know the experiences users have shared about various issues have been quite valuable.

· Super Moderator
10,694 Posts
Welcome to the forum shannondell and congrats on finally getting the proper diagnosis.

Unfortunately it is not rare that some diabetics are misdiagnosed early on. There are several tests that can be ran to detect Type 1 antibodies if they would run them to check. However the antibodies are not always present early on, and Type 1 cannot be confirmed at that time, but I bet many could. Even if tests are negative initially, doctors should be prompted to retest if their treatment plan starts losing its effectiveness to control the patients BG.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts