The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had type 1 diabetes since 1979. So far with very little problems. The worst problems are numb feet and therefore bad balance, and insulin resistance. I have had a pump for about 14 years which has worked great.

I tend to under test my blood sugar and hope the fourm will keep me on point!

·
Super Moderator
6,161 Posts
Hi Keyo - welcome to the forum! Glad you joined us.

You're surely an old hand, and get major kudos for navigating diabetes for so long with so few complications. You can be a real help to newly dx'ed T1s - as well as many others I'm sure.

As for accountability, we have just the thing for you in this thread. It's an active one where members post their morning blood sugar - that's a start :)

I find that just logging in here and reading keeps me from going tooo far off the diabetes reservation.

Reactions: Patdart

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcomes

I have been using a pump so long I can't imagin going without. The greatest thing for me is not having to eat just to keep my bs level my my basal is set good for me and if I don't eat for hours it still stays even. I use 3 basal setting during the day.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Keyo, welcome! I have been type 1 for 66 years, and am very healthy. I was diagnosed with insulin resistance in 1998. I am taking Metformin pills to help with the resistance. That has caused me to use much less insulin, and it has also caused weight loss. Metformin is a type 2 medication, but many type 1 diabetics are insulin resistant, and are using that medication. If you have more questions about this, please ask.

Richard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts