The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Ron and I'm a type II Insulin dependent. I started on Insulin 02/01/2010. I was diagnosed on 07/1997. Insulin for me is quite a roller coaster ride, but after 14 years on glipizide and other drugs for other ailments I'm happy to be on Insulin.
At 5' 7'' and 140 pounds I don't have a weight problem (yet). Cholesterol runs upper 200s, triglycerides near 400. Started a new drug for that. A1c was 8.8 (1/10) but had blood done today and new numbers in a week.

I look forward to reading the post and perhaps posting myself

Regards...............Ron

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I've been on insulin for 10 years. It feels like I have some control over my numbers with insulin.
remember
BG goes up with food
slowly with fat and fiber

good luck

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Nice to meet you Ron :) Always glad to have more people to learn from. We are a pretty chatty group and learn so much from each other. Post often and let us know how you are dealing with your diabetes day to day!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Very good to have you join us, Ron. I think you must have plenty of knowledge about managing this disorder, and we're always happy to learn from our fellow diabetics.

When Pam sez we're "chatty", she's being very polite . . . sometimes we're downright GABBY! lol! I hope you'll settle in here & keep us posted on how things are going with your new treatment. My guess is that your control is going to tighten up a great deal now with the use of insulin. Good luck to you . . . we're happy you're here.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
My name is Ron and I'm a type II Insulin dependent. I started on Insulin 02/01/2010. I was diagnosed on 07/1997. Insulin for me is quite a roller coaster ride, but after 14 years on glipizide and other drugs for other ailments I'm happy to be on Insulin.
At 5' 7'' and 140 pounds I don't have a weight problem (yet). Cholesterol runs upper 200s, triglycerides near 400. Started a new drug for that. A1c was 8.8 (1/10) but had blood done today and new numbers in a week.

I look forward to reading the post and perhaps posting myself

Regards...............Ron
Welcome to Diabetes Forum! I am T2 on insulin as well. I started out on Glipizide and that worked well along with diet and exercise for about 5 years. I then began having very blurry vision and headaches and my doctor put me on insulin. Insulin is kind of a mixed blessing for me. It really helps to control my blood sugar but I have gained weight from being on it. It is a hormone and causes weight gain. I am also insulin resistant and need larger doses of insulin. I also have cholesterol and triglyceride issues. I take Zocor for the cholesterol and my last lab tests showed that my triglycerides were elevated. I don't think I fasted long enough for the test since my December labs showed my triglycerides at about 120. I am having new lab work done the first week of June. I am going to do everything I possibly can to get the trigs down. Come and visit the forum as much as you can!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts