The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all :p
I am not sure how to work this site...so here goes.:eek:
I live in Australia and have had Diabetes for 25 (almost 26) years....and that is scary because that is a quarter of a century....i was first diagnosed when 11 years old.
I am on an insulin pump....but my control is not great...i have always been classed as "brittle" which means i can have the exact same regimen today as tomorrow..but with extremely different results.
I also have a young (9+7) family and my husband and I started our own business about 18 months ago...so life is jam packed !
I am sick of trying to get good results and working really hard at it with no reward....
Sob sob sob...I know...buy figured if I wanted to whinge then this was the place to do it.
I look forward to reading about other people and their battles and the victories..
Thanks for reading...Madjoshy2:frog:

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome back, madjoshy2! Good to see you again, and this certainly IS the place to come & let our hair down when the going gets tough. :) There are plenty of people here who know exactly what you're going through. I hope we can help you feel better!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello Madjoshy2

Hello I am relatively new as well. Good to hear from you. I live in Hamilton, Canada. I am a Type 1 Diabetic since 1976 and was always brittle. Some days my blood sugars are perfect then the next day it's as if it was some other guy's results, no change in routine nothing extraordinary done that day! My Endocronologist, who is also a Type 1 Diabetic has a very simple answer....your Diabetic. Ha. He is right though, I fail to take into consideration Stress. You may not show it outwardly but inside your body is reacting. Blood sugars increase (because of the stress)and your lifestyle is very active causing lows. I too remember it well. After starting my insulin pump January this year, my blood sugars have been in the normal range. However, every once and a while they will skyrocket or go low, but much less now than they used to be.

The only suggestion I have is stop trying so hard to make the normal range. I use the target method. My average over 70 tests has been 7.9-8.1 pretty good for me. I get my A1C 90 done every 3 months to see what the lab's average comes to. My Diabetic Nurse and I have an on-going bet about that result. Some Diabetics here have said their A1C 90's are 5.4 to 5.6, if that was mine I would not function well. No Diabetic is alike we all have our good and bad days.

Keep your chin up, you have a young family and a new business, hug your children and spouse a lot. It may not make your blood sugars go down right away but your stress will diminish and it makes you feel good!

Regards
James

I live in Australia and have had Diabetes for 25 (almost 26) years....and that is scary because that is a quarter of a century....i was first diagnosed when 11 years old.
I am on an insulin pump....but my control is not great...i have always been classed as "brittle" which means i can have the exact same regimen today as tomorrow..but with extremely different results.
I also have a young (9+7) family and my husband and I started our own business about 18 months ago...so life is jam packed !
I am sick of trying to get good results and working really hard at it with no reward....
Sob sob sob...I know...buy figured if I wanted to whinge then this was the place to do it.
I look forward to reading about other people and their battles and the victories..

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Hi Madjoshy2! Welcome and glad you found us :) No worries about whining a little. Sometimes we all have to do it :) I look forward to getting to know you and hearing about what is working for you and what isn't. Thats how we all learn from each other. I am fairly new to pumping. I have only had mine a couple of months. I really like it, but am still getting use to it. I love the convenience of it, but am still figuring out how to dose different things. I mess up a lot but I guess thats how I learn :) I am always happy to hear how others handle theirs so I look forward to learning some tips :)

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello madjoshy, with good control you can watch your kids grow up and live to see your grandchildren. I have managed to do that. I was diagnosed in 1945 and I have two sons and two grandkids. The secret is keeping the blood sugar steady and the A1c's low. Good luck to you!

Richard

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi there,

I am new here. I was diagnosed three years ago with type 2 Diabetes. I control it with medication (no insuline), diet and exercise. I am always looking for menu ideas and recipes.

Theresa Newell
Skype id path2success

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Hi there,

I am new here. I was diagnosed three years ago with type 2 Diabetes. I control it with medication (no insuline), diet and exercise. I am always looking for menu ideas and recipes.

Theresa Newell
Skype id path2success
Hi there Theresa and welcome! Nice to meet you :) There is a section here with a lot of recipes that Shanny has posted if you haven't found it yet. Look forward to getting to know you, always nice to have another voice to listen to in here!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi there,

Theresa Newell
Skype id path2success
Hello Theresa! You have come to the right place for menu ideas and recipes, check out the diet section of the forum. We have many members who share their recipes. I hope you have time to visit often!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hi there,

Theresa Newell

Welcome aboard, Theresa! Thank you for joining us!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.