The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Brittany. I am pre-diabetic but I'm afraid soon I'll become full blown diabetic. I'm not sure how to prevent it from happening. I'm 26 years old, 340 pounds and only 5'2". I've tried diet after diet but my downfall is my constant hunger. I can easily get hungry 2 hours after eating a meal. It doesn't happen that soon all the time but it can happen and has been known to happen regularly. It's frustrating because I cant seem to lose more than 10 pounds on any one diet before I give up on it because I'm so hungry.

I drink diet coke (or sometimes pepsi) religiously. I can easily drink a 12 pack a day, sometimes more. I'm always thirsty. So I tend to always have a can next to me.

My A1C was 6.2 at last check and my fasting blood glucose was 107. I did just have another test done a few days ago so I won't know those results for about a week.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi. :)

Brittany

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hello, my name is Brittany. I am pre-diabetic but I'm afraid soon I'll become full blown diabetic. I'm not sure how to prevent it from happening. I'm 26 years old, 340 pounds and only 5'2". I've tried diet after diet but my downfall is my constant hunger. I can easily get hungry 2 hours after eating a meal. It doesn't happen that soon all the time but it can happen and has been known to happen regularly. It's frustrating because I cant seem to lose more than 10 pounds on any one diet before I give up on it because I'm so hungry.

I drink diet coke (or sometimes pepsi) religiously. I can easily drink a 12 pack a day, sometimes more. I'm always thirsty. So I tend to always have a can next to me.

My A1C was 6.2 at last check and my fasting blood glucose was 107. I did just have another test done a few days ago so I won't know those results for about a week.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi. :)

Brittany
Hi Brittany and welcome to Diabetes Forum! I see you are from Ohio, I live in the Columbus area. AND another popoholic! I used to drink caffeine free regular pepsi before my diagnosis and I now drink diet pop and lots of kool-aid with a blend of Steviva and the Walmart version of Splenda. Are you testing at home? Your A1C and fasting are pre-diabetic. I need to lose some weight myself. We are happy to have you as a member and I am hoping that you might be from Columbus, it would be great to have a diabetes friend. Take care and visit us often! OH---IO!!!!!

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Brittany, welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your condition.

Im not going to sugar coat it.....you absolutely need to lose weight.
You CAN do it. One day at a time.

Walk. Walk. Walk. Walk as much as you can, as often as you can.
It WILL help. Throw on headphones, crank up the music and walk!

Read labels, get out the measuring cups and eat the correct portions

If its white, it ain't right. Do not eat anything that is white, its all carbs and bad for you.

Do the above for a month and id be shocked if you don't see exults

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hey Brittney? Eric (thosebackpages) knows what he's talking about here . . . he's lost over 100 lbs. just this year - just since his diagnosis in January. He had us worried there for awhile that he might KEEP losing when there was no more to be lost, but he's got a handle on it & has stabilized now. He is amazing! :cool:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi !
Welcome on forum.
You should spend here or on another forum some time and read. It will help you.

Stop drinking so many soft-drinks. It make you hungry. Drink water or tea

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi, Brittany! Welcome! You've made the right decision to look for help now. Keep on reading and find what will work for you. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts