The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I'm posting this in the proper location. I am pre-diabetic and my wife is Type 2. She was diagnosed in 2012, and I in 2013. I'm glad I found this forum and hope to gain much benefit from the posts here.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Welcome!

What numbers (A1C, Fasting BG) lead to your diagnosis? What kinds of foods are you eating now- have your started to make changes to control your diabetic status? Is your wife's T2 under control? Are you both taking medication for management of your diabetes? Do you test??

Please take the time to read Blood Sugar 101!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI, My A1C was 5.9 in Oct. 2013. Doctor wanted to check again in 3 to 4 months. I am going back next Monday. She did not prescribe any meds. If I recall correctly, my wife was diagnosed Type 2 when her A1C was at 5.9. That was a couple years ago and a different doctor. She tests regularly and her BG is managed well with Metformin.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Welcome! You will learn a lot here and how to manage your BG levels in a very healthy way. Many here can do it with diet alone, diet and exercise works for others. For many the goal is to get off the meds. Some have never on them.

I diagnosed myself as Pre, but in reality I consider myself diabetic. Either your body can handle all the carbs you throw at it or it can't. Mine can't so by altering my WOE I've had normal healthy BG levels for going on 5 months. Oh and energy wise, and overall health wise I feel terrific, way better than when I thought I was eating healthy but in reality was keeping my (Pre) diabetes lifestyle.

Reactions: Shalynne

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts