The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello community,
I am new here. I am from Greece and I got diabetes type 1, 25 years now. I am taking 35 units insulin every day, and after all those years i never used a pump. It seems a bit disterbing to me.
The worst personal problem I even had, it was around the age of 18 when someone "smart" rejected me, because i am not healthy and he couldn't stand it!!!

Thats all for me and for now,
nice to join you!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Prayance, welcome to Diabetes Forum! You are very experienced with 25 years of type 1. I hope you are healthy and have no serious complications.

I was diagnosed in 1945, when I was 6. Now I have been type 1 for 65 years. After 62 years of injections, I finally started pumping in 2007. It is a much better way of getting good control. I hope you will have the opportunity to use a pump in the near future.

Richard

G

·
welcome Prayance. :) be sure to share your experiences regularly... this is a good place to do that. I'm T2 diabetic, although I know about the injections because I'm on them too... I'm on 50 units insulin everyday.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I am glad you are here and I hope you come back often and share with some of newbies some of your advice!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello and welcome, Prayance - good to meet you. Thank you for joining us and I hope you'll be visiting often to share your experience & knowledge with us.

take care & hurry back! :D

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hello community,
I am new here. I am from Greece and I got diabetes type 1, 25 years now. I am taking 35 units insulin every day, and after all those years i never used a pump. It seems a bit disterbing to me.
The worst personal problem I even had, it was around the age of 18 when someone "smart" rejected me, because i am not healthy and he couldn't stand it!!!

Thats all for me and for now,
nice to join you!
Hello and :welcome: to the forum! Come on in and get comfortable, we are a nice bunch of people "we're all in this together". I hope that you have time to visit often and take care!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank's

Thank you all for the worm welcome :)
I hope I will be able to log in often and speak with you :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts