The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had type 1 diabetes for almost 4 years. Just started using the omnipod insulin pump (yesterday) and would love to hear from someone who has had it for a while to see how they like it.

Thanks, Laura

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hi Laura, welcome to our community! I have used a Minimed pump for almost 4 years. I think there a couple of Omnipod users here, I hope they will reply.

I have been type 1 for 65 years, and am doing quite well. Your pump should enable you to have good control, but it takes a lot of time and patience to get everything going the way you want it. The book "Pumping Insulin" by John Walsh helped ma a lot. I bought my copy from amazon.com.

Good luck with your pump!

Richard

G

·
welcome Laura :) sorry I'm not on a pump so can't offer advice there. I'm type 2 and I'm injecting insulin throughout the day myself. As Richard has said already, hopefully you'll get good BGL control from your new pump. Look forward to hearing your experiences.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So far its been great. I usually run rather high in the morning but since I've been on the pump they have been normal. It's great! I'll have to check that book out! Thanks :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts