1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello... here's some info about me...

*I've been a type-1 since I was eight
*From age four until diagnoses I was in the prevention trial
*I've never been hospitalized, for anything...
*I have a Minimed 522, with a jellybean skin
*I'm very independent.
*I swim
*I love playing laser tag
*I love music
*I know a lot of random facts
*I have diabetes, diabetes does not have me.

and that's pretty much it.
I hope to stick around

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Good Morning:

Thank you for your Cool info. That's interesting that you were in the Prevention Trial.

How long have you been a Type 1? Are you and your pump treating each other okay? I'm going to start up a pumping sub although I'm still on the fence about pumping. I'll put what I can down since it certainly is an important part of many Diabetics' Lives.

I love music too.

diabolic said:
Great last line. :)

Nice to have you here.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello diabolic, I like your attitude and your info list. I was diagnosed with Type 1 in 1945. I have been diabetic for 62 years and I am very healthy. If you hold on to your attitude you will have good control and that will give you a good chance to live a long, healthy life without serious complications. Good luck to you! I hope you stick around and that you stick with us in this support group.

Richard

·
Registered
147 Posts
I soo LOVE that line!! Welcome! I too have tried to live that last line of your intro... I have my days with it though as it is fairly new to me and didn't get it till I was 31 (yeah life's cruel joke on me) .... BUT I think with any type of life changing event a good outlook will take you far!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts