The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself.
I am a 42 yr old mom of two boys (12 & 23). I have been a diabetic for almost 24 yrs. My oldest son is also a diabetic.
I raise and show Miniature Horses. I have had horses almost all my life but now am down to the mini ones.
I like to fish, hike, bowl and ride 4-wheelers.
I am hoping to meet some more folks just like me and hope to learn more from all your experiences. I will say the diabetes can be very challenging and it will be nice to share some of them with people like myself.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Marcy, welcome to our community! This is a growing website and we are happy to have you with us. You listed your location as Georgia, U. Is that the Georgia in the USA or in Asia? I am not sure what the "U" represents. That is very interesting about your Minature Horses. Can children ride on them? I am 68 and walking is about the only sport I can handle. Lol! Walking is very good for me though. I do like to bowl but haven't done so in a long time. We will have to get together and bowl sometime. Welcome aboard!

Richard

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Richard
Glad to meet you.
I guess my brain was thinking faster then I could type.;) I meant to put GA, USA.
As for the miniature horses, kids up to 60# can ride the bigger ones. They can easily pull two adults in a cart though.
If I am every up near your way we will have go bowling. I am getting a little rusty though because I haven't been bowling in about a 1 1/2 years.
Walking would be good for me also, so I am trying to get into hiking because there are some really nice hiking trails and waterfalls near me.
Marcy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts