The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am a type 2 diagnosed Sept. 2010 after being hospitalized with mad pancreatitis. I have been unable to control my numbers and have resisted the change in diet. Denial? I take Lantus, humalog, metformin, Lovaza, Lopid, niaspan, zestril, synthroid, wellbutrin, prilosec, celexa, and claritin. My triglycerides are still quite high also. :violin:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Hi, Sibs. I hope you are no longer resisting the change in diet since the consequences of not changing can be quite dire.

I believe when anyone is diagnosed with the big D, Blood Sugar 101 should be required reading.

Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Gizmo, I am no longer resisting the change, rather trying to gather all the info I can. This forum has been enlightening, and I will check out your suggested reading as well.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi Sibs,
I too resisted the change. I just couldn't believe it was happening to me.
Diabetes takes some work and patience. The more I got upset with myself the more problems I had. It took different meds and in different amounts to have good BS. Hang in there

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi from Rochester, NY! I am a newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes person. I started my meds today and just got my meter and supplies lat night. I am looking forward to sharing my adventures with everyone here and learning from those with some experience.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Sibs,
I too resisted the change. I just couldn't believe it was happening to me.
Diabetes takes some work and patience. The more I got upset with myself the more problems I had. It took different meds and in different amounts to have good BS. Hang in there
Thank you. It has been a tough road as I am sure you know.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello, Sibs, and you too, Bob. We have a lot of knowledge, wisdom, experience here & I hope they're as big a help to you as they've been to me.

Make yourselves at home here & I hope you can visit frequently. Thank you for joining us! :D

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Welcome to the forum! We're glad you're here!! Hope you stop by often and find something of value. We're a pretty good bunch of people to hang out with, if you ask me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts