The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new to this, I was diagnosed in April with 12.5 A1C, lost 93lb so far with new diet and exercise 7 days a week! Was taking 16 units insulin and have been OFF insulin for a week :) new A1C 5.8

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for kind words, I appreciate it. Yea my numbers have stayed low this week, first 3 days slowly went up, but since I've had 78, 89, 84 so I'm happy with that :) ya I've got another 60lb or so to go and I've never felt better. My diet has been a major overhaul, living by myself has really helped but I cut out all sugar, most carbs and only eat fruits and veggies! I also cut out all caffeine and drink mostly water. I tested a lot to start to find what foods did what to my numbers and I've grated a lot lately, probably 4 times a day. Anyway, this diagnosis has been a God send to me cause I always wanted to lose weight and I've really embraced the challenge. I've still got BP meds to get off of, but already off of 1 :)

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have 4 unopened viles of lantus insulin, does anyone have any idea if there is a place to donate meds like this, I hate to waste something so expensive that would obviously help someone!

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, I live in Arizona and they have pretty strict rules! I asked my doc and pharmacist and no one can help! Very frustrating reading about people on here who have no insurance and have to waste medication like this, thanks though

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks jt, the key for me was, everytime I was on a diet I would think, can't wait for this to be over so I can eat what I want! This time my doc convinced me this has to be forever, so it's strange, knowing there's no end to my diet totally took away all the anxiety and I dont even think about it! My father never took his diabetes seriously so I've kinda made it my mission :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.