The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is John and this is my first post so be patient with me. I've never done anything like this in my life. I was first diagnosed with diabetes in 1975. So far so good. I have the normal issues by have been able to cope so far.:D

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Welcome to the forum, John. If you've been diabetic for 36 years and 'so far so good' then I think we might be looking at a mutual learning experience :)

Are you Type 1 or 2? Medication? Insulin? Complications? We ask a lot of questions around here, and hopefully answer some as well.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Hello John. Great to have you here

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello & welcome, John. I'm betting some of us could learn a lot from you . . . I hope you'll get comfortable with it & visit us often. Ask all the questions you want - if we don't know the answers, we prob'ly know somebody who does.

Not even sure I can remember my first days coming into forum-land. I was so new to PCs all the way around in those days . . . put me in front of an AS400 - I was good to go, but had never had an online computer at home.

Take care & thank you for joining us!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome John and I hope you share some stories with us.......:)

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
John, congrats for doing well after 36 years of diabetes. Do you use insulin, or medication? you did not mention your type. I have been type 1 for 65 years, and am very healthy. Tell us more about yourself, if you don't mind.

Richard

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Welcome...come on in and sit a while with us! We love new people!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
BTW, we are VERY patient people :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
John Tezon Type 2 since 1975.. Im 62 y/o.

I take
Aspirin 325 mg Morning
Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg Morning
Lantus Insulin 50 Units Morning & Night
Levothyroxine .137 mg x2 Morning
Levothyroxine 75 MCG Morning
Lisinopril 20mg Morning Nagal
Kombiglyze XR205-1000 Morning & Night Nagal
Omeprazole 40mg Night Nagal
Pravastatin 20mg Night Nagal
Sertraline 100mg Night Nagal
Byetta 10 mcg Morning & Night Yarlagadda
Glipizide ER 10 mg & Night Yarlagadda
Calcium 600+D 600 / 400 Morning & Night OTC

·
Registered
20 Posts
My name is John and this is my first post so be patient with me. I've never done anything like this in my life. I was first diagnosed with diabetes in 1975. So far so good. I have the normal issues by have been able to cope so far.:D
A positive attitude seems important. Jere

1 - 10 of 10 Posts