The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site, not diabetes.
I was diagnosed when it was 8 in 1998. Was on the pump for 8 years the off for 4 and just started back on the minimed paradigm with the CGM.
I never had trouble with my sugars until my daughter was born 7 months ago and I lost all hope of a schedule (highest A1C was about 7.5 until I had a 11.8 a few months back) Really hoping that my new pump and CGM will help straighten things out, along with some help from everyone on this forum. I look forward to adding to this community!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
We look forward to the wisdom & experience you bring here, Casey. Thank you for joining us & my very most positive thoughts for improvement with your new pump & CGM. :)

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello, Casey! I hope your new pump with CGM helps you. I recommend the book "Pumping Insulin" by John Walsh. It has helped many people to master the art of pumping. I was diagnosed in 1945, when I was 6, and am very healthy.

Ask questions and feel free to participate in the discussions!

Richard

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you everyone!

Its nice to know there are others out there going through similar things

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome aboard i am Martina from Burnaby BC Canada i am a type 2 for 6 years and i am on lantus insulin twice a day

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
:welcome: Casey! Glad to have you here!

I'm not insulin-dependent so I can't offer much advice on CGM's or pumping ... But we've got some forum members with experience in those, so hopefully you find your time here well-spent!

·
Registered
741 Posts
hi and welcome Casey *waves from Australia*

1 - 8 of 8 Posts