The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm a fairly new Type 2 diabetic (4 months or so). I'm on 2 x 500mg of Metformin a day and it all seems to be under control.

I'm looking to share my experiances with everyone and hopefully I will learn things as well

Regards
Storm

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Stormie,

I am the same as you and on the same Med as you. Ask Tony or the other senior forum members. I am glad your in control but see Diet and low carbohydrates would help you.

Regards,

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
Thanks,

I have made a lot of lifestyle changes, and I'm fairly low carb now, it really does help. My recent HB1AC was 5.2%, it was 13 or so on diagnosis.
Hello stormie and welcome to the forum. To knock down your HbA1c from 13% to 5.2% in four months is going some but even so, I think you'll find there's a lot of folk on the forum who can help you keep your figures where you want them to be.

Why not do a slightly fuller introductory post telling us a bit more about yourself. Things like how you found out you were diabetic, and what you've done so far to have achieved so much in such a short time.

John

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Thanks,

I have made a lot of lifestyle changes, and I'm fairly low carb now, it really does help. My recent HB1AC was 5.2%, it was 13 or so on diagnosis.
Stormie I have one word for you -- "WOW"

We've gotta learn so much from you. Tell us more about you've achieved this. How have you managed over the last 4 months.

Tony

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello & welcome, Storm. Make yourself at home here - looks like you have a lot to tell us & we'd enjoy getting better acquainted. Take care & visit often! :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Apologies for my delayed response, my laptop decided it did not want to play anymore soon after registering.

Now lets see, I did not have the usual symptoms prior to diagnosis (thirst etc) but I did have a lot of low level infections, mainly urinary tract in the previous 12 months.

Had a bit of a torrid time with the side effects of Metformin , but has all settled down now

Basically I have cut back on my total intake of calories, cut out the booze and the ****, and cut back on carbohydrates (but not entirely)

Started to exercise more, but have not been all that focussed on it yet, but have managed to loose 3 stone or so.

Oh, I'm 47 years old, married with two young children. I live in Nottingham in the UK, I'm a fairly dull computer programmer, my hobbies are mainly reseraching and photographing Castles and gardening

:D

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Hi, stormie. You're doing a great job, keep up the good work. This is a nice, friendly place to hang out and lots of helpful people. Glad you found us and welcome aboard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts