The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bumped into a few posts on this forum while doing searches on google and realized, so THIS is where everyone went! I was on the "other" diabetes forum that is mostly anti-lowcarb and was wondering where much of the posters with incredible advice went! :)

I was diagnosed in Feb 2010 and have been following Atkins/Bernstein's method of lowering my carb intake. Unfortunately, while keeping the carbs low keeps the BG from getting too high, it's not enough to keep it at an acceptable level (90-120). I'm on metformin and glipizide to keep it at that level.

In any case, looking forward to catch up on what looks to be a nice forum! :) Hello everyone and have a great day!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Oh Peeka - how funny! Very astute of you to recognize our names . . . there are people here who post on both boards, but it IS nice to have a place where low-carb is accepted as one more weapon in our diabetes battle, and is not criticized so strongly.

So make yourself at home here, since you're already acquainted with so many! ;) And thank you for joining us!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Personally, I don't know what the other forum is and I don't look for one. I went through the ADA forum for a day or two and got sick of it. Then I stumbled on this forum and the likes of Shanny and Richard made me feel very welcome. I love this place and consider it my home on the interwebs.

Welcome and I hope you come back and enjoy your time here. We are certainly glad to have you.

Reactions: foxl

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
welcome to the machine Peek

where is this other place? i'd love to go there when my bladder is full!

Reactions: foxl and d33na

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Welcome !!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I post on all 4 forums, and you are right some are quite anti low carb. This is a great fourm for all diets. We don't tend to separate ourselves into cliques like the other sites do. You will get lots of good support, here.

Reactions: foxl and Carolina

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome! :) I look forward to learning from everyone's methods here. It's amazing how much you can learn. I know I was terrified when I first started out. Therefore, I find it really odd that people would take such big offense to differing opinions.

·
Registered
741 Posts
hi and welcome peeka....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts