The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am new to the forum. I am 32yrs old, coming up to 4yrs since diagnosis with Type1. Diagnosed last week with Hypomania or Bipolar II.
was misdiagnosed with depression 12mths ago and am currently on a lovely cocktail of pills and needles.
I am barely married(6yrs, my mood swings have been very hard on my wife and currently she is done with me, however I am optimistic) and we have 2 little boys 4&5.5. The 3 of them mean everything to me.

Currently ramping up with lamotragine (lamictol) to get moods stabalized. I am on citalopram and seroquel as well. (eventually will lose the citalopram) I take Lantus(basal) and humalog daily and really manage the diabetes well. daily fish oil(lots), vits c,d, cinnamon with mealsand a multi vit.

I have noticed that on the week i have been on lamictol and fish oil, i have dropped my basal by 4 units already and still going low all day.
any one else??

·
Registered
782 Posts
Welcome, Mvanoene!

You've come to a great place for help and support. I'm also new the forum, and I've found the people here knowledgeable and eager to share.

I hope that, now that you're properly diagnosed with bipolar II, you can grab it with both arms and wrestle it into submission. I know it's hard on everyone, but I've watched friends who have it in the family manage -- and manage well! -- so I'll also be optimistic that you and your wife will work it all out. :)

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Welcome! It should be a great relief to know exactly what the problem is and how to treat it. A good friend some years past had it and shared her life story with me and it can be harrowing if not diagnosed and treated, but thank God we know so much more about it and there are drugs that will enable you to lead a normal life. I hope your family situation works out, but you'll do well in any case.

Stay in touch and keep us informed as your journey goes forward.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Your attitude is very good, and that helps so much!! If you take good care of yourself you can have a long life, I was diagnosed in 1945, when I was 6, and am doing very well. Good luck to you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts