The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Buckit, I'm 19, and recently got diagnosed with late juvenile diabetes (type1). I stumbled across this forum whilst looking for information, and it looks like a pretty decent place.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Buckit, welcome to our community! I'm sorry to hear that you are a diabetic now but there are a lot worse diseases out there. How are you doing? Ask all the questions you want. We are here to help.

I have been Type 1 for 63 years and I am very healthy. If we have good control we have a good chance of living a long, healthy life . Good luck to you!

Richard

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Richard. Right now I'm on Mitformin, and I have to check my sugar regularly. I have an appointment with a dietitian, but I have a question seeing as the dietitian is far off.

What is the best choice for "snacks" during the day?

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I snack on low carb food. I like pickles and cheese. I drink a lot of Crystal Lite as well as diet soda. I eat that jello that has fruit in it. A rather large plastic container with peaches in it, only 4 carbs. There is also one with pineapple chunks in it, 7 carbs. Peanuts in limited amounts. Strawberries are low carb. A half cup has 7 carbs. I use that low carb whipped cream topping on the jello or strawberries. There are pudding cups by Hunts that have only 8-10 carbs, chocolate or vanilla. Meats are usually low carb. I use low carb bread with only 8 carbs per slice. Wholegrain is the best choice since it will digest more slowly. One slice of 8 carb wholegrain with cheese (I prefer grilled or toasted) makes a great snack. Those are some of my favorites.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts