The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a new member needing advice?

Facts are, 50year old, Male, I am a T2 since 2003, now taking Byetta (10) and Metformin (500) before food, Levamir x 60, at night and in the morning. My blood sugar in the mornings are 15, never below 13 all day, 18-20 during the night, lots of night sweats. In myself I feel fine but I know these high sugar levels are killing me slowly. In the last year I have lost 20lbs, thanks to exercise and the Byetta which stopped me snacking, but now everything seems to have stopped. I have also taken Novorapid before but the weight gain was vast and in my job that is not good. Any thoughts!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi, I am a new member needing advice?

Facts are, 50year old, Male, I am a T2 since 2003, now taking Byetta (10) and Metformin (500) before food, Levamir x 60, at night and in the morning. My blood sugar in the mornings are 15, never below 13 all day, 18-20 during the night, lots of night sweats. In myself I feel fine but I know these high sugar levels are killing me slowly. In the last year I have lost 20lbs, thanks to exercise and the Byetta which stopped me snacking, but now everything seems to have stopped. I have also taken Novorapid before but the weight gain was vast and in my job that is not good. Any thoughts!
Hello Danlor and :welcome: to the forum! There is alot to read on here, so read what interests you and if you can't find something, just do a search. I hope you have time to visit often and take care!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks, I have already read some very interesting stuff, and as I am awake at 3am, it helps pass the time!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello & welcome, Danlor. Looks like you've sized up your problem very well, and come to a decision to get motivated. We're here to help, so ask all the questions you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts