The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, I really hope this is appropriate to post, but I dont know what else to do or who to ask. My grandfather is 84 yrs old with type 1 diabetes, he takes 4 insulin shots a day. He is really sick in the hospital and dying from ongoing heart attacks and heart complications and he cant keep his blood sugar regulated anymore, it keeps dropping really low. He can hardly walk, breathe, loss of bladder control and is suffering and keeps saying over and over again that he wishes he would die. I dont know anything about diabetes so thats why I have turned to u guys. What would happen if he stopped taking his insulin. Is there anyway to pass away painless from diabeties. I keep reading about diabetic comas but dont know enough about them. My grandfather is still fully aware and has is able to make decisions. I just thought that there might be an option that I could suggest to him so he doesnt have to live like this any longer. Thanks for your time and understanding, I hope I didnt offend anyone by posting this, I am only young and trying to help my grandfather and the nurses cant legally give me any information and one suggested for me to use the internet for my answers.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.