The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI everyone...

When I saw my Dr this week....She is so impressed with my BG results and the results of following my low carb diet...that she said in 4 weeks we are going to start pulling back on the medication.

She asked me to do something during these 4 weeks.... she asked me to deliberately spike myself with food....just a couple of times before I see her next...

Her theory is that if I eat something that usually spikes me and the spike is not as big as in the beginning (when I was on different meds)...then we will know that the medication is covering BG reaction...If I spike myself and have a huge reaction then she will know that it is the low carb diet MORE than the meds keeping me steady and we will be able to pull back more on meds as long as I stay low carb....

So last night I ate a piece of white toast with peanut butter on it... Just one piece...

Within 10 mins I began to feel like I had drunk a bottle of champagne...I became extremely tired.....
30 mins after that my BG had dropped from 6.6 to 5 and then an hour after that I was at 8....
I didn't eat anything else, the amount of carbs in the one slice was 15g...

I would like to understand the mechanism of why I felt tired and woozy and why my BGs fell and then rose??

I REALLY hope that all makes sense :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts