The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quite strange reading, few month ago after having high blood pressure after my first C section i was taking tenormin for 2 weeks, after 3 month post partum i have bloodwork done and it came my fasting blood sugar is 100, i was thinking i had prediabetes, but my doctor say its OK high reading could be cause by stress, lack of sleep, and my menstrual circle. i eventually buy a home meter and test my blood sugar. Very strange, i am not overweight, probably a bit underweight. my post prandial after one hour is between 115 - 179 (usually around 140, there was once 179 after high carb meal and drinking tea) after a very high carbs meal. and there are several times, when i ate banana, i mean a big banana my blood sugar after an hour only 84-88, and once i drink a big glass of soda after an hour my bg also 88, i also check two hour later and it was around 90s. so, am i really prediabetic? having some insulin resistance? or just because due to surgery recovery than my beta cell and insulin receptor acting weird LOL. i just wonder why after i ate a plateful of rice my blood sugar spike, and when a big piece of cake, soda and banana didnt spike my bg. I am scared, and i still want to have more babies. i was never been diagnosed with gestational diabetes.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Sounds like your pancreas is working in spits and spats.

You might want to ease up on high carb meals to allow your pancreas to have an easier time.

even if you are diabetic you can still have babies.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello and welcome to Diabetes Forum. All the things your doctors mention can have an effect on blood sugar, and tenormin also has a reputation for raising it. It's possible that an ACE inhibitor or an ARB could control your hypertension without raising your sugar levels, but I am not a doctor, so be sure to consult with yours, and don't stop taking your tenormin without their advice.

Limiting your carb intake for the time being would be helpful too, I think, in controlling the swings you are seeing.

Even if you are found to be diabetic, you can manage it, have more babies, and live a long healthy life.

Take care and thank you for joining us.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts