The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone i am have a problem and hope someone can help first please excuse my spelling i dont type very well an often hit the wrong key i myself dont have diabetes my wife, my dad, and my inlaws have diabetes for two years i have had spells of dizzyness with floaters in my eyes eating seems to help my doctor suspects hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) a few times my bs has been low 50-70 all other times it has been normal my doc did a1c it was normal she did a c-peptide it was extreamly high so she ordered ct of my pancrease it to was normal she said quote "I am stumped" she has refered me to an endocronoligst if anyone has an info that might help thank you

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome, Jim . . . when will you see the endocrinologist? Any time soon?

Thank you for joining us . . . we'll give you all the support we can!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Jim, you probably do not have diabetes, but there is another condition called hypoglycemia. That can cause you to have low blood sugar like you are experiencing. Adjusting your diet and avoiding sugar and fast acting carbs is the way to control it. You should research hypoglycemia online for more information. I hope the endocrinologist will help you. Good luck!

Richard

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Welcome Jim! I hope you will get some answers to your questions when you see the endocrinologist. I hope you have time to visit the forum on a regular basis.

·
Registered
45 Posts
hello everyone i am have a problem and hope someone can help first please excuse my spelling i dont type very well an often hit the wrong key i myself dont have diabetes my wife, my dad, and my inlaws have diabetes for two years i have had spells of dizzyness with floaters in my eyes eating seems to help my doctor suspects hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) a few times my bs has been low 50-70 all other times it has been normal my doc did a1c it was normal she did a c-peptide it was extreamly high so she ordered ct of my pancrease it to was normal she said quote "I am stumped" she has refered me to an endocronoligst if anyone has an info that might help thank you
Could the high c-peptide mean you have insulin resistance? Obviously you are making quite a bit of insulin.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Non diabetics have high c-peptide. Type 1 diabetics do not produce their own insulin and have very little, or no c-peptide. Type 2 diabetics do produce their own insulin and they have insulin resistance, but since they have their own insulin they also have c-peptide. C-peptide helps in preventing diabetes complications, so Type 1 diabetics are more likely to develop complications. Eventually, many type 2 diabetics produce less and less insulin and become insulin dependant. At that stage they have very little c-peptide, but they still have insulin resistance and must take large dosages of insulin. Modern day insulins do not contain c-peptide, so anyone dependant on insulin and not producing insulin and c-peptide in their own bodies, is more likely to have complications. Keeping the blood sugar low and having very good Aic's can protect us against complications.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hello and welcome Jim!! Have you seen an optometrist or opthamalagist for your floaters? A friend of mine had been seeing floaters and mentioned it at his yearly eye exam because his contact prescription just expired. Turned out the optometrist saw something in his eye, sent him to an opthamalagist the next day and had eye surgery for a detached retina the day after.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts