The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ,
I have been told im pre diabetic , and i also have hemochromatosis , i know what that means ,but finding it hard to get used to it , i had a phylbotomy last week and felt great for a day or so , but i noticed myself getting weak again after just 3 days , is this normal ? Also i noticed my bg levels have been up and down alot since the blood was taken .

O

·
0 Posts
I'm not sure whether that would be related to your diabetes? But getting blood taken to reduce your iron levels I guess you would have an inbalance of some sort for a bit. Have you discussed this with your doc? With any other medical condition on top of diabetes I think it causes your body stress and BGLs fluctuate a fair bit. I've noticed the same... I was diagnosed with functional dyspepsia recently. That could be all it is for you? But then again, it's a good idea to discuss this with your doc just in case something else is going on that needs attending to. My other thought is that maybe your insulin levels getting back on track too after having blood taken? I don't really know if that's a factor though as I'm not a doctor. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts