The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Well . . . I rated the stupid thing & left a short comment, but it doesn't seem to be posting. These writers don't know sic 'im - they just scrape up a bunch of baloney from the Internet & string it together like they're experts.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I think all these articles are the same. They assume we caused our diabetes because we were overweight couch potatoes. They automatically assume we don't exercise and we all we eat is junk food. Now if you just follow their suggestions and eat more fruit, whole grains and of course low fat, diabetes will just disappear. I don't know what these people are smoking.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Even Laura Dolson has written about this on her about.com page: ADA: Low Carb Diet Helps Diabetics, but Still Not Recommended

I need to contact her and ask what we can do as diabetics to start making some changes happening. I think the ADA is just like every other organization in that they are so caught up in the pharmaceutical business of diseases that it's nearly impossible to get them to look at the reality of our lives!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
This is my second annual Diabetes Awareness Month as an official diabetic. Let me just say, with the opportunity to do so much good, they do sooooo much damage. Why don't we all work together on this thing and help make diabetics live better and longer and not spout all sorts of ridiculous nonsense!! When will these people learn, there is a better a way to live?!

Reactions: Diana

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Like there is a American Diabetes Association, is there a American Diabetes Patient Association or something ?? There should be one

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Well . . . I rated the stupid thing & left a short comment, but it doesn't seem to be posting. These writers don't know sic 'im - they just scrape up a bunch of baloney from the Internet & string it together like they're experts.

GRANNYSHANNY!!!!! its there now! :)

now my comments, i doubt will be posted ;)

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
GRANNYSHANNY!!!!! its there now! :)

now my comments, i doubt will be posted ;)
Great comments, Shanny! Looking forward to Eric's. I put my 2 cents in, too, but it's not up yet, either.

Thanks, Diana, for inviting us out to play ... and maybe, to do some folks some good.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is going to be a huge mess once we start challenging the ADA and everyone that relies on their recommendations for their articles. This is what I posted yesterday on the Women's Health facebook page: I'm not so worried about the sugar-free in the coffee, but all the sugar in the MILK and the carbs in the oatmeal, whole grains, peanut butter and even the beans raise my blood sugar! It sounds like the same recommendations that come from the ADA that make most of us diabetics shake our head and say, "what???? I can't eat any of that!" I'm also trying to help women understand the relationship between menopause and diabetes here: Diabetes and Menopause in middle aged women I try to use my website to help women get through health issues as they age and of course this is one that is very close to my heart so I will be talking to as many authors as I can to try to get someone to talk to diabetics instead of just following the pack at the ADA.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Diana, sounds like an opportunity to write a book....what say you? I'll talk to you as a diabetic! I'd love to have a panel of ADA people so I can yell at them and ask what the heck they are promoting? Stupid is what they are. It is like the Pied Piper leading the rats to the water with his music. The recommendations the ADA makes are leading many diabetics to their demise. What's wrong with this picture?

Reactions: muck

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Diana, sounds like an opportunity to write a book....what say you? I'll talk to you as a diabetic! I'd love to have a panel of ADA people so I can yell at them and ask what the heck they are promoting? Stupid is what they are. It is like the Pied Piper leading the rats to the water with his music. The recommendations the ADA makes are leading many diabetics to their demise. What's wrong with this picture?
I don't know about writing a book, but I'm definitely trying to bring some awareness of this problem online. Are you on Facebook? If you are, you should go to https://www.facebook.com/AmericanDiabetesAssociation and "LIKE" their page and then you can join me and others who are making comments against their recommendations. Just this morning they posted another recipe that has 31 carbs per serving and 21 of them are sugar! Then when someone posted "are you kidding me?" the person for the ADA tried to "educate" them that many diabetics can eat this, blah, blah, blah....OMG I'm so pissed right now, I could scream! I also posted, but I wish all of you would get on there too!

·
Registered
916 Posts
I don't know about writing a book, but I'm definitely trying to bring some awareness of this problem online. Are you on Facebook? If you are, you should go to https://www.facebook.com/AmericanDiabetesAssociation and "LIKE" their page and then you can join me and others who are making comments against their recommendations. Just this morning they posted another recipe that has 31 carbs per serving and 21 of them are sugar! Then when someone posted "are you kidding me?" the person for the ADA tried to "educate" them that many diabetics can eat this, blah, blah, blah....OMG I'm so pissed right now, I could scream! I also posted, but I wish all of you would get on there too!
I went through the same thing on One Touch FB page. So wrong in so many ways .I just Un-liked them.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
A certain org which runs a "daily" forum has a FB page that is much, much, MUCH more conservative than its forum participants ... I unfriended THEM, too.

I got some terribly condescending advice when I said a goal of an A1c under 6.5 was inadequate! (And even my pretty-conservative endo agrees with THAT).

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
What's wrong with the picture is the same thing that's wrong with the whole country - special interests with their deep pockets/aggressive lobbyists control everything, & all the lobbied agencies care about is the munificent funding they get from these special interests. They're willing to say anything to keep that gravy train on track.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts