Diabetes Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the discussions? Click here!

Hey..

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  J3n 
#1 ·
Hey everybody..

I'm Jen. I was diagnosed with diabetes nearly 4 years ago. Although i've never been told what type I am, I think i'm type 1. I'm on insulin twice a day.

I'm really bad when it comes to taking my insulin. My diet is pretty good minus the sweets. :D I think because I'm young I've got a bad attitude towards everything, which isn't good..

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi!!

xox

#2 ·
Hello Jen, welcome to Diabetes Forum! Are you using an insulin mix in a pen? Taking only two injections per day usually involves a mix. The best control for a type 1 is called basal/bolus control. That would be a long lasting insulin, or basal, and a fast acting insulin taken before each meal. That would involve at least 4 injections per day. Your doctor owes you an explanation on what type you are. Ask him/her about basal/bolus if he says you are type 1.

Ask all the questions you want, we are here to help!

Richard

#4 · (Edited)
Jen, who diagnosed you? That doctor should be the one for you to see. I know many diabetics in the UK and all of them see a doctor or nurse for check-ups and blood tests and getting their A1c's. Those visits are very important. I am going to send you a message on your profile page. Look for it.

#6 ·
Welcome aboard, J3n. We're glad to have you join us!

I just want to support Richard's suggestion that you find a medical professional to help you along with this. Having regular tests & better control will go a long way to heading off serious complications in the future.

#8 · (Edited)
Jen, I just realized that the profile message I sent to you was rejected because the UK site I posted there is not accepted in a profile. we are not able to send you private messages yet, either. I will try doing it here in this post.

Here is the UK site I am recommending for you. They can help you there better than we can here. Good luck!

General Discussion - Diabetes Support Forum UK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.