The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this site but not to diabetes... Diagnosed in 1999, lost 80lbs and drastically reduced insulin... looking fo other champions of health who live active lifestyles thru activity and good nutrition..:clap2:

·
Registered
90 Posts
HI Abwc :)

I was diagnosed at the beginning of the year with T2.....IN the last few months I've radically overhauled my lifestyle, activity levels and live a low carb lifestyle... My health has skyrocketed and for the first time in years I'm loving life....

Congrats on your weight loss.... I have a long way to go but it's falling off and I'm thrilled...

So welcome welcome welcome!!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome, ABWC. You've found a whole houseful of champions of health right here. :D Tell us more about yourself & how you manage your diabetes.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Hiya abwc2011! Welcome to the forums...I'm an ex-pat Canuck from Ottawa now living in Sweden and was DXed in March with Type 2. Hope to see ya around on the forums.

O

·
0 Posts
welcome ABWC :) I'm type 2 on insulin also. I'm sure you have lots of experience, etc. to share with us. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I lost 50 pounds before diabetes, thinking I was eating a very healthy veggie diet with tons of exercise. Once I was dx'd with diabetes in 2007, I realised that I had to tweak my diet to lower bgs. I now eat a pretty much organic, low carb diet with high fat. My bgs are very close to normal. I still need metformin to deal with my insulin resistance and liver dumps but besides that I feel I am very healthy. I have lost another 30 pounds in the past 4 years ago and pretty much where I was over 40 years ago in college. I would have to say I am a Champion of Health, too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New.
Type 2. Diagnosed about 4 years ago. Managed somewhat poorly and now using low doses of insulin.
Sister is Type 1, and a blessing has she scolds me about diet.
I am looking for Winders' Seven 64 bit compatible software to use with my laptop and One Touch metering system.
I called the Life Scan loafers tech support and they knew less than I did about addressing compatiblity issues. Anybody know of a tweak to allow for compatibility? Believe it or not, Windows 7 is a vast improvement over Vista. By the time they get 7 has reliable has XP service pack 3, Microsoft will have moved on to another build.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New to this site but not to diabetes... Diagnosed in 1999, lost 80lbs and drastically reduced insulin... looking fo other champions of health who live active lifestyles thru activity and good nutrition..:clap2:
you're all awesome for having the courage to work with this deadly disease... my dad is in hospital now, blind in one eye, kidney and heart disease from uncontrolled diabetes and that propelled me towards living a healthy lifestyle to avoid a slow and painful dealth... going to compete in a sprint triathlon for the first time to celebrate my weight loss, but am feeling extreme fear as the day approaches (Canada Day)... any suggestions to overcome the fear?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts