The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody,
I have had D for 29 years and am a long time Pumper. I hate the Pump and love it depending on what day you ask me! I have a long suffering Partner, a big, furry four legged child and I am a Social Worker.I have read your Forum for a while now with great interest and decided to join! Never really belonged to a community or even know anyone else with D. I was getting updates from an American Diabetes FB group I had 'liked' but it's all just got a little too weird....
I have some Diabetic complications but mostly smile when I get up in the morning!
Cheers,
Fudgedude (Fee)

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Thanks for de-lurking! Sounds like you already know your way around, this just makes it official :)

Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Well Fee, it's good to meet you - glad you de-lurked! Tell us more about yourself and how you manage your diabetes. Some of us are gonna wanna hear about that big furball too, but maybe we can wait until you get settled in here a little better. ;)

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Fee, welcome! You are Type 1 for a long time, like me. I have pumped for only 4 years, using the Minimed 523 model. Which pump are you using?

I had the beginning stages of neuropathy and retinopathy a few years ago, but pumping has caused all complications to gradually improve, and now all symptoms are gone. If you get very control this may cause you complications to reverse, and maybe disappear. Have you bought the book "Pumping Insulin" by John Walsh? Many pumpers have given that book rave reviews. I got my copy on amazon.com.

Richard

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
:welcome: from me!

·
Registered
741 Posts
hi fudge *drools at the thought of tender morsels of fudge* and welcome...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

You Guys are all really nice! Thanks for making me feel so Welcome!

@Richard-I haven't read that book but I will be ordering it now! Thanks for the recomendation. I have just changes Pumps 3 months ago to the MM Paradigm VEO. It has a function for Continuous Blood Glucose Monitoring but it is really expensive (even in Australia) I use Humalog and an array of other Meds for the complications.
My last HbA1c was 6.8 and I have been pumping for almost 10 years (Type 1 for almost three time that long) now. The progression of my Complications has slowed down with the Pump but continue tp affect me. I have Kidney Disease and Autonomic Neuropathy.
Fee

Hello Fee, welcome! You are Type 1 for a long time, like me. I have pumped for only 4 years, using the Minimed 523 model. Which pump are you using?

I had the beginning stages of neuropathy and retinopathy a few years ago, but pumping has caused all complications to gradually improve, and now all symptoms are gone. If you get very control this may cause you complications to reverse, and maybe disappear. Have you bought the book "Pumping Insulin" by John Walsh? Many pumpers have given that book rave reviews. I got my copy on

Richard
Welcome aboard i am Martina from Burnaby BC Canada i am a type 2 for 6 years and i am on lantus insulin twice a day

1 - 9 of 9 Posts