The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Drinking and diabetes is never a good mix. Your blood sugars can crash and no one would know if you were drunk or acting drunk because of low blood sugar. Anyway, since I am a Mom, I can't condone underage drinking in any case! :D Your A1C is your indicator over the long haul but that doesn't mean you couldn't have some crisis on occasion which you still need to watch out for. I know it is very difficult but you really need to take better care of yourself. Volunteer to be the designated driver!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Well, if you want to live life and make memories, with some of the choices you make I sure hope you don't have to look back and say 'what if...' if your lifestyle has some dire consequences later on. And, yes, I am talking about not taking care of yourself and possible having some severe diabetic complications in the long run. Sorry, I just can't help being a Mom!. :rolleyes: I don't want you to be saying "What if I had taken better care of myself, would I be having these complications now?" I'm really not trying to start an argument. I'm concerned for you.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thanks for putting up with me, Elizabeth. Yes, I agree, life sometimes sucks. I send you a big hug. Get out there and conquer the world, girl!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts