The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm a newbie on the forum :)
My name is Jenya. 23 years old. I'm from Eastern Europe (Ukraine) and I'll be glad to expand my circle of dia-friends )
Being diabetic type 1 from 2003.
Now using paradigm 712 pump with Novorapid.

Don't know what else to write here...just hello to everyone!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Welcome, Jenya! I am amazed at your very good English. Did you live in an English speaking country at one time? If not, how did you become so good with English?

I have been Type 1 for 64 years and I am very healthy. If we keep good control we can have a long, healthy life.

Richard

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Shanny, Richard!
Thanks for the warm reception :)

Richard, I'm sincerely amazed to meet so healthy and optimistic person as you with long-term diabetes. You should be an example for people with diabtes how they can live their lives :thumb:

About English - thanks for compliment!
I did nothing special but studied the language at school and university.
I've never lived in English speaking countries but always have been interested in abroad relationships and travelling.

In nearest time I'm planning to visit Belgium for 3 months period for business issues.
It will be my first long-lasting trip and now I'm preparing and finding out any issues about diabetes care in this country.
Actually I've found this forum searching for that info. And I'm very glad to start participation here :)

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
You are very welcome here Jenya. Ask all the questions you want. We are here to help.

What is the weather like there in Janurary?

·
Registered
39 Posts
welcome

Welcome Jenya.
I don't have such a long history as Richard but I am to T1 for 34 years.
If you decide to be optimistic and enjoy life although you have diabetes you will also be optimistic. I was able to do everything including marriage, 3 children, 2 careers etc. now diabetes is my new career and I am very happy halpying others to be in a good balance as I am.

Iris Peleg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!

The weather is snowy and frosty now. Ground is covered with ice.
Sometimes you start dreaming about how it should be cool to live in some tropical place )

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Iris,
your story sounds amazing too!
Rising 3 children should be a hard but pleasant work :)

It's great to hear such stories from you guys. They really give an optimism and motivate you to have blood glucose controlled!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts