The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i'm bob,i'm from just south of montreal,i was diagnosed on july 28th with type 2,runs in the family. I used to be pretty active till work got in the way about ten years ago lol, since then my weight,200 lbs,i'm 6ft,went from muscle to stomach lol.I like sports,fishing,cars,and EATING;) now it seems i need to change some things in my life,i'm hoping you guys and gals can help me change all my bad bad habits lol,mostly my appetite my wife says lol,i have never smoked and i drink 1 guinness a month,hope i can keep that one little vice ;) i have started a diet do i'm waiting for my appointment with my dietician,told it could be about a month,and i have started to excise more,doctor wants me to lose about 25 lbs:eek: the last time I was that size i was 15, i'm 44 lol,with your experience i hope to control this condition that has taken some of my family and has afflicted even more,well thats about it, hope to be talking we you all soon, and thank's ahead of time for your help, knowledge and support, BOB

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Until you meet with the dietitian, Eat less carbs

Carbs raise BG
a bowl of mashed potatoes will raise your BG more than a bowl of table sugar.
exercise lowers BG
fat slows the BG rise
protein slows the BG rise
fiber slows the BG rise

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Until you meet with the dietitian, Eat less carbs

Carbs raise BG
a bowl of mashed potatoes will raise your BG more than a bowl of table sugar.
exercise lowers BG
fat slows the BG rise
protein slows the BG rise
fiber slows the BG rise
thanks for the advice,seems a lot of food i ate was loaded with carbs,mashed potatoes being one of my favorites,this is going to take a bit of effort but a lot of will power. thanks again

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
hi, i'm bob,i'm from just south of montreal,i was diagnosed on july 28th with type 2,runs in the family. I used to be pretty active till work got in the way about ten years ago lol, since then my weight,200 lbs,i'm 6ft,went from muscle to stomach lol.I like sports,fishing,cars,and EATING;) now it seems i need to change some things in my life,i'm hoping you guys and gals can help me change all my bad bad habits lol,mostly my appetite my wife says lol,i have never smoked and i drink 1 guinness a month,hope i can keep that one little vice ;) i have started a diet do i'm waiting for my appointment with my dietician,told it could be about a month,and i have started to excise more,doctor wants me to lose about 25 lbs:eek: the last time I was that size i was 15, i'm 44 lol,with your experience i hope to control this condition that has taken some of my family and has afflicted even more,well thats about it, hope to be talking we you all soon, and thank's ahead of time for your help, knowledge and support, BOB
Hi Bob! Welcome to Diabetes Forum! I feel confident that you will find a lot of support here. There is a wealth of information to be found on here. Hopefully, once you meet with the dietician you will find that there are many different approaches to tackle your eating plan to help you control your diabetes. Making small changes will help you begin the journey. Eating lower carbs will help out a great deal. I hope that you have time to visit the forum often. Take care and hurry back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts