The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone im from the philippines. Just joined this forum today and i do hope to find answers and gain knowledge for what i have. Be easy on me :D

Hope to meet friends here too.

Thank much!

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Hi, Dezmay, and welcome -- tell us more about yourself, your D, and how you manage it -- diet, exercise, drugs / insulin?

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello & welcome, Dezmay. Looking forward to getting better acquainted - tell us how you manage your diabetes and how your blood sugar numbers are looking.

Take care & thank you for joining us!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
:welcome: to the forum!

·
Registered
61 Posts
i do hope to find answers and gain knowledge for what i have.
The place to gain knowledge about diabetes is to do some reading at Blood Sugar 101 Very educational and easy to understand. And of course you can gain plenty of knowledge from the friendly folks on this forum.

We're glad you decided to join us and hope you will be spending lots of time with us.

Froggy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! Sorry i am not yet used to terms but i will as i progress on this forum.

Right now the company doctor just told me to buy oral medications. She did not say side effects etc. So i have to google it. And also i have no blood sugar tester i am looking for a cheap one. :)

I am happy right now to belong to this group. Looking forward on anything you can help and maybe someday i can help to.

P.S. sorry for my bad english. :(

·
Registered
61 Posts
Right now the company doctor just told me to buy oral medications. She did not say side effects etc. So i have to google it. And also i have no blood sugar tester i am looking for a cheap one. :)

P.S. sorry for my bad english. :(
Your English is just fine, dezmay.

Many of the people on this forum have a lot of knowledge about diabetic medications. Unfortunately, I don't, but if you tell us what medicine the doctor has prescribed, someone will be along soon to tell you whether or not there are side effects. I do know that some diabetic medications are very bad for you and your diabetes, and some are fine. Most here seem to really like Metformin because it is one of the safest.

I guess Walmart is pretty much world-wide now. Some of us buy our tester and strips at Walmart because they have ReliOn brand, and they are about the least expensive you can buy, and it seems to work just as well as any of the rest.

What type of diet are you on? If you want to bring your blood sugar down, you will need to reduce your carbohydrate intake. If you have any questions about what to eat, when to test or whatever, just ask away. We're here to help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
for the drugs please see the link below. i posted it there since i am having side effects.

http://www.diabetesforum.com/diabetes-treatment/6991-side-effect-dosage-issue-2.html#post59677

http://www.diabetesforum.com/diabet...ourd-capsules-instead-medicine.html#post59688

You are most welcome to join the discussion. :)

And now my diet is i am just eating low calorie food with 2 slices of fiber bread in every meal i know it is a basic before i go further. And when i feel hungy on an odd time i have a fiber biscuit with me to munch! :)

Thank you so much!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Your fiber bread and biscuits could be raising your blood sugar, dezmay. As soon as you get your meter, start checking after you eat these foods and if your readings are higher than 7.7 (140), then you're getting too much carbohydrate. Eating a low calorie diet will not help your diabetes. You'll have to watch the carbs instead of the calories now.

Many of us had side effects to begin with, but we have to give ourselves time to acclimate to the treatment. Your metformin often causes gastric side effects, and your doctor could prescribe the extended release version to help alleviate those symptoms, if you're having them. But it sometimes takes several weeks for metformin to kick in & the side effects to subside. Give it time.

Have you told us what your test results were when you were diagnosed? You should have gotten a fasting glucose reading and an HBA1c number. Can you tell us those numbers?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The result is with the company doctor i will post right away when i get it. I forgot to get my copy. Maybe i was shocked that day to know i have this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts