The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My name is Adam D. Huntley. I live in the city of Snohomish, Washington State. I have been recently diagnosed with type two diabetes. We first tried to control it with oral medication alone with diet and exercise, but I also have inherited pancreas issues – so they moved me onto insulin as well.

I am a martial art instructor (Hwa-Rang Taekwondo, Largo Mano Escrima, Modern Arnis) as well as a husband and father of one.

I hope to learn allot from this forum. I have been a moderator on other martial art forums so I love the format.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Adam, Welcome aboard! I am also Type 2 (diagnosed 3 yrs. ago). Hope you find the answers and support you need here.

How recent is "recently" diagnosed? How are you doing in terms of acceptance/learning/support etc.?

Good luck to you and keep well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Adam, welcome to the forum. What meds. did you try and for how long? What type of pancreatic issues? I find my sugars go way down when I really restrict my carbs. Just carbs from the good vegs. I'm also a type 2. I was diagnosed about 8 years ago, got it under control with diet and exercise but then this Dec. my sugars went sky high, so I'm back on meds. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts