The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,590 Posts
Hello Cattie and welcome!

Well..I am not going to tell you to stop drinking sugared soda and curb your carbs..you already know that. It is just something you have to do. Honestly, the more insulin you have to take, the more weight you are going to gain. I find that when my insulin usage is higher...I start gaining weight. There are tons of really good lower carb recipes and web sites around for ideas. This forum has a recipe section with tons of good ideas. Dont worry so much about the fat...its the carbs that matters most.

The sodas...diet sodas have improved so much over the last few years, do try some again. I cant live without my caffiene! My favorite...Pepsi Max by far..omg...so yummy! It doesn't have that off taste that diet coke has. I probably drink way too much of it!

Your insulin...I know what an aggravation it is to have to take insulin everytime you eat, but you have to do what you have to do. Whenever my hubby sits down to have a meal, or a snack his nice healthy pancreas simply covers that mouthful of whatever with insulin...our bodies dont do that. When we eat something we have to do artificially what others do naturally. Just a fact of life and there is no avoiding it. One thing that has made life so much easier...a pump! I highly recommend it and if you are in a position at all to obtain one I would certainly check into it. It sure makes management easier and I have been in the best control of my life since I started using one.

Glad you joined us and looking forward to getting to know you! :)

· Registered
1,590 Posts
i gather from what you've said so far that you are an adult.

that being said, i cannot understand how ANY adult (not pointing you out here, just speaking in general) cannot control what they decide to put in THEIR OWN mouth.

you know what you should and should not eat. its pretty damn simple to me.

maybe i am just getting bitter as i approach 40 years of age.
Been there, done that...I had a mental breakdown when I turned 40! Control is an ongoing battle for me. I have finally come to a happy place where I allow myself a small treat sometimes because I find it keeps me from binging later. Guess we all have to find what works for us. I have pretty good control most of the time...but I have to admit I simply could not turn away that cute little Girl Scout that came to my door selling cookies today! The only difference is that now I can have a couple of cookies (with an appropriate insulin coverage) and be happy instead of eating the whole box!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.