The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was diagnosed with type 2 12 years ago and have taken numerous drugs. The only thing the drugs have done is help me gain about 40 pounds which is impossible to take off. I am taking a supplement now that has lowered my levels by up to 40 points. More if I watch what I eat and take a twenty minute walk 3 o 4 times a week. I am not a fan of drugs, mostly because of the side effects, If we ever read them we probably would hesitate to take them. The cure is worst than the disease. And when you talk to different doctors about type 2 they shrug their shoulders. As if to say if you don't do it this way you will die. Doctors are great, but the world of medicine and health care are changing dramatically and for the best. Don't be fooled by all that you hear. Investigate. We are all unique and different.
Richard OBrien

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Richard, welcome aboard! I am glad you have joined us. it is good that you can avoid medicines. I do take several medicines and have been doing so for many years. I am not aware of any side effects. i hope you can maintain good health for a very long time.

I see you are interested in stem cell research, from your other post. I am too but I think that would help the younger and more recently diagnosed diabetics. Someone like me, with 64 years of Type 1, would not be helped by stem cells....that is the way I understand it.

Richard V.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Richard, welcome aboard! I am glad you have joined us. it is good that you can avoid medicines. I do take several medicines and have been doing so for many years. I am not aware of any side effects. i hope you can maintain good health for a very long time.

I see you are interested in stem cell research, from your other post. I am too but I think that would help the younger and more recently diagnosed diabetics. Someone like me, with 64 years of Type 1, would not be helped by stem cells....that is the way I understand it.

Richard V.
I know from your interest and wanting to help other people you should look and listen to him. But I understand I cannot post a url until I have mande 5 posts or more. You may be surprised.
Richard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts