The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im deki! :) im glad to find this group because i have many questions about diabetes which i think you do care to answer.

october 2010 when i had yeast infections and urinating frequently. i went to the lab and had FBS taken which was 129. however the next day had RBS at 87.

i tried to trim down my weight from 58kg to 48kg now. by 1/2cup rice every meal and 1 hour exercise daily for the 1st 3 months and atleast 5x a week on the fourth month.

my FBS tests evry 2 mos since october were 96, 110, 91, 79. am i diabetic since i had one test which is over 126?

please share your ideas.. thanks:eek:

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
We can't diagnose or give you medical advise. Only your doctor can advise on that. But if you are worried, you might want to cut back on the carbs that you eat at meals.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
If there is any way, but back on the rice and test with your meter to see how that does. Many of us can't eat rice at all...who can tell you? Your doctor is the only one who can.

O

·
0 Posts
welcome Deki :) you probably need to see your doc re: diagnosis. I'm not sure what rice you're eating? I realise it would be staple in your diet where you live... perhaps check if you can find a low GI rice or substitute if the rice you eat is a high GI one. Refer to the Glycemic Index on the net for more information about what type of carbs you should be eating if you are eating them. You need to be able to test your BGLs regularly to figure out what your food does to your body and what anything else for that matter does. If you've been having infections, that in itself raises your BGLs. I'm sure you will find this a great place for support and info. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Welcome Deki, we have a great group of people here. What type of Diabetes do you have? I am on the Glycemic Index diet. There are a lot of other diets.

Ruth

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We can't diagnose or give you medical advise. Only your doctor can advise on that. But if you are worried, you might want to cut back on the carbs that you eat at meals.
thanks jwags, yes id better see an internist soon.:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome Deki, we have a great group of people here. What type of Diabetes do you have? I am on the Glycemic Index diet. There are a lot of other diets.

Ruth
hi ruth, im 35 yo. i think its type 2, still in the initial stage - is that pre-diabetes stage? i didnt have a formal diagnosis, it was in oct 2010 when i felt some symptoms so i went for a lab test and got 129mg/dl FBS. im really afraid to go to the doctor, so i tried to lose weight. through diet and exercise. my tests after were lower. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
welcome Deki :) you probably need to see your doc re: diagnosis. I'm not sure what rice you're eating? I realise it would be staple in your diet where you live... perhaps check if you can find a low GI rice or substitute if the rice you eat is a high GI one. Refer to the Glycemic Index on the net for more information about what type of carbs you should be eating if you are eating them. You need to be able to test your BGLs regularly to figure out what your food does to your body and what anything else for that matter does. If you've been having infections, that in itself raises your BGLs. I'm sure you will find this a great place for support and info. Keep us posted on how you're doing.
:)thanks maam, rice is our staple food here in the philippines. i have so many things to learn about diabetes, thanks for your info, ill read more about BGLs and GI:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If there is any way, but back on the rice and test with your meter to see how that does. Many of us can't eat rice at all...who can tell you? Your doctor is the only one who can.
:)rice is our staple food here in the phlippines, so hard to eliminate it in my meal.
yes, i think its time to see the doctor, it seems am still in denial all the while, lol. thanks!:)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hi Odecee,
I eat rice and it does not affect my BG.

Write down question that you have, and see your doc right away. Find out if you are a Type 1 or 2.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts