The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have just joined this group and just wanted to say hi to everyone.

A bit about me I have been dabetic for almost 8 years and have been coeliac for about 7 years.
Sady this is the first group like this I have joined, so please forgive me if I get this wrong.

But all the same hi everyone and I cant wait to talk to you all.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Hi Chidlet and welcome! Were you diagnosed Type 1, 1.5 or 2 and what are you doing to control your blood glucose levels?

Here's hoping that you enjoy your time on the forum as part of our family bur I must tell you to watch our for some of the others here....they have some weird fetish about cats and pillows or something like that! ;) Ah...well, you'll find out soon enough lol.

G

·
welcome Chidlet :) feel free to share a bit about your experience so far. I'm type 2 on insulin. How are you managing with your diet having the coeliac to contend with as well? I've also got a stomach condition currently diagnosed as functional dyspepsia, but I'm still undergoing tests as about to go for a 2nd opinion on my docs request. It's no fun having a couple of conditions or more to manage... but I know we just have to stay positive, that's the best thing. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I am type 1 and I find it easy enough to cope with coeliac and diabetes. Altho I cant have alot of diet stuff, it seems to make me sick. I just eat as normal but in moderation, And as long as it is gluten free lol.

Everything seems to be going well I still have bad days where I have just had enough and want it to go away but then it gets better again.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello Chidlet - welcome to our little corner of cyberspace! :) I hope you'll be visiting often & we can get better acquainted.

Take care and thank you for joining us.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
:welcome: to the forums!

·
Registered
741 Posts
hello and welcome chidlet *waves from Australia*

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry about that page froze on me. I would love to swap food tips and all. My brothers is cd as well abd he is also diabetic but im told they can both be caused by one another. How do you find it with having them both tegether

1 - 10 of 10 Posts