The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! My dad dies last year due to complications from his diabetes. I dont want to follow those foot steps. I am only 28 years old and I really want to get things right. I really like that this awesome support system is set up!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Hi, AndreaK. I see you were diagnosed in 2010. We would like to hear more about you, like what type you are, whether or not you are on meds, and whatever else you are willing to share with us. We're a nosey lot here.

We are glad you found us, welcome to the forum we all hate to love.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Playing It Safe

Hey guys! My dad dies last year due to complications from his diabetes. I dont want to follow those foot steps. I am only 28 years old and I really want to get things right. I really like that this awesome support system is set up!
Hi Andrea and welcome. It's good to have you here and there should be lots of good information throughout the site to help you keep healthy.

Gene...

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I think in the past many people got many complications from diabetes because they kept bgs at a too high level. Doctors really don't stress how important it is in the beginning to maintain near normal bgs. In fact they never even tell us what normal bgs are. With aggressive D management and a few tweaks in diet and lifestyle you can keep bgs almost normal. By doing this you avoid a lot of the blood vessel damage that leads to complications. If you haven't seen it check out the website Blood Sugar 101

Blood Sugar 101

·
Registered
89 Posts
Andrea welcome to the Forum :plane:

Great to have you here, many of the questions asked help others who aren't quite at the same position! LOT'S of GOOD INFO!!!
Doing one's best to 'eat to their meter" is a very good path to follow. One I am sure you'll hear more about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts